Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas blues...

I'm such a syrupy sap.....I'm sitting here watching a PBS Christmas special and eagerly thinking about my family who we'll visit in a few days.

It's a little difficult though, I feel like there's another third of people who are family, who I'll not see this holiday. It's even more difficult to realize that things back home, Kansas City, have changed here and there and that it will not remain perfectly preserved like something in a hermetically sealed chamber. That makes me exceptionally sad, and it really hearkens back to that first year of college, when I came home from school and saw everyone in a whole new light.

People get older, sometimes very ungracefully. Buildings burn down, Clergy rotate around, someone else comes in to fill the slot you left empty behind you.

Maybe I'm just a narcissist, but I'm really missing KC tonight, and Liberty, and the Cathedral, and William Jewell, and my damn neighbors from last year who slept with the stereo on and the bass turned up too high. I like to think that they all miss us too.

Maybe it's just R. Fleming's voice that's put me in a bad mood....?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you guys, too!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the neighbours still sleep with the stereo on and the bass too loud.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home