Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Why Opera at Ivy League Schools is a good thing....


So.....some bad news from New Haven.

They've opted to hire a mezzo for the job, which I suspected might be the case all along. It would be really tough to sell 6 guys in an 8 person team. I got a note from the coordinator (SC) and he seemed very disappointed.

However, if their resident male alto decides to make a shift to the opera track, then there are 2 openings for alto, and I'm in like flynn. At the very least I've been pushed to re-apply the next year when they're actively looking for a ct!

So an open note to any male altos considering opera as a career.......

Dear IH,
You know, oratorio and early music really sucks. You should take on a
more exciting degree program. I think that opera is the way to go.

Yours Truly,
Jaques

I hate opera (except for Handellian stand-and-sing bits) but I may have found a redeeming attribute at last if my colleague changes tracks!



Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Blogger CODJOL said...

Sorry to hear about it all man... are you guys still thinking about moving out here?

12:16 AM  
Blogger Jaques Cartier said...

It's a bit up in the air, but is certainly a possibility that we are considering.......It just doesn't seem possible without the anchor of an assistantship!

How's life in the big bad city? I might be headed your way in a week or two if I advance to the next round in a competition.....

12:20 AM  
Blogger CODJOL said...

What competition? let me know if you do make it into the city. If you need a place to crash, or just wanna get some dinner.

3:54 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

FUCK! MAY ZOD STRIKE DOWN THE FOOLS WHO DENIED YOU YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Wildefrost said...

Ick ick ick. If you move here, I'll babysit your kids.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home