Sunday, June 17, 2007

Excuse moi de vous deranger.....



Jaques has been quite remiss of late in blogging. Alas, since my return from the wonders of Perigord and Quercy (duck nearly every day, and Pastis!) I have felt like doing little else but reminiscing about France.

My top 10:

10. Public Urination

9. Other people's public urination

8. "Fumer tue" printed on all packs of cigarettes.

7. "This church isn't very old, it was only built in the 1600's"

6. "This house isn't very old, it was built in the 1700's"

5. The very occasional moments when I faked just enough French to fool the shopkeeper into launching into a fluent speech think I spoke excellent French, only to have me say (in my limited French) "I only speak a little"

4. Duck......and Potato roasted in Rosemary and Duck fat...

3. Seeing my conductors spouse (who has a thick Yorkshire accent) speak French, and ask her typically pointed and almost brusque questions in another language.

2. Sharing my irritation with one of my co-singers with my friends. Nothing like mutual irritation to put us all at ease.

1. Drinking 35 year old Armignac with my hosts and room-mates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home