Sunday, September 03, 2006

A 'brigham brigade' of Mormons?

Our new apartment is wonderful, and I'm particularly thrilled by the ethnic diversity of the place. I've met folks from Korea, Pakistan, Japan, China, Russia, Germany, and Nigeria. It's really cool. What's even cooler is the fact that Y*** University has made a commitment to diversity in ethnicity and religion. OR HAVE THEY.

My real complaint here is with the white folks, just like me. On the outside there would appear to be no problem with them, until I beging to connect the vacant look in their eyes and their apparent commitment to wildly wholesome activity. And then I see it, a BYU bumper sticker here, a Book of Mormon there, a pack of Mormons taking over my courtyard.......

Come to think of it, what's the term for a collection of Mormons? You know, like a gaggle of geese, or a murder of crows, or a herd of cattle.....

I hereby offer a damn fine cup of coffee to the person who comes up with the best term/descriptor for a pack of wildly indoctrinated cult members. And don't feel free to limit your replies to Mormons, I'd also consider good answers to find the collective term for a group of Southern Baptists, Old Money New Englanders (read: Yale Undergrads), and Organists.

There is some relief in the couple from Louisville we met last week. Normal folks, margarita drinking, tobacco (and other stuff) smoking, Kia driving folks just like me and Hammer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaques Cartier said...

Although a 'gaggle' is a potential possibility, I think that the term 'witness' as in '...a witness of mormons' is the leader thus far.

nice try though babe...!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

let's see...how about a vomit of Mormons? Cause they're so unbelieveably nice they make me wanna vomit.

instead of referring to a "blank" of Mormons, I prefer to just call them "baby machines."

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home